Monday, March 24, 2008

100-mile Update

As some of you may have noticed, the 100-mile Challenge total had not changed for about a week. I had a very busy week last week, so running was pushed to the background, or, more accurately, completely out of the picture. I ran 3 miles today and am back in the habit, so to speak.

There was also a request to post Ali's miles because her blog is blocked to the public. That has been taken care of. I will post her updates as soon as I see them.

May the best runner win! Of course we both win just for doing this, but it's fun to say stuff like that.

Oh, and Ali and I have been thinking about running a longer race, such as the Provo River 10-miler, but that race is on June 15th, which is too close to Chicklet's due date for me to be off running away from Crystal. Therefore, we have decided we will probably have the "Ali and Jordan Classic," or something like that and invite anyone who is interested to meet one Saturday morning in April or May to run 10 miles (or however far you feel like) down Provo Canyon. At the end, we should have a potluck barbecue or something, just to celebrate finishing.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks for putting Ali's - it's not much fun to only watch half a race. And I think the Ali/Jordan Run is a great idea. Do it in April before I leave! Or at least put some of pictures of the running and food so I can pretend like I was there. :)
By the way, you've inspired me to start running to. My goal is to run 50 miles by the time you run 100 - it might not sound like much, but I haven't run in YEARS (since I lived in N.C. to be exact) so it's a big step. I'd actually just decided to give it a try again when you posted your original running blog, so I decided to use that as something to mark myself against.

Map Maker said...

Way to go. I'm not much of a runner, but I have been walking to the bus stop in the morning for exercise.

Brandon said...

Wow, I'm realizing that I'm way behind you two! Sadly I don't have a blog with a cool counter or a Mario guy and I haven't been able to really run since spring Break, but I still plan on winning so you two have to come out to Virginia and eat dinner with me!