Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We Made It!

After a long day of airports and flying, Clara and I made it to California for a visit with the family! We had an extra 2 hour layover we weren't planning on, due to some maintenance issues, but we made it here safe and sound and Clara did great. She even made new friends on both flights! I told Jordan I would try and post pictures and videos on our blog while we are gone so he can see what we are up to, so if everyone else gets sick of reading/seeing what we are doing, just tune out for the next 10 days!

I also wanted to share a realaly cool story that happened on our flight. There were a couple of soldiers returning from Iraq who were flying home to Fresno on our flight. Once we were all seated on the plane, preparing for take off, the flight attendant came up to one of them (the one sitting near me) and said "Are you Burke?" and he said yes, then she said "A man in first class would like to switch you seats." The man came back and said that he really appreciated what this soldier did for our country and that he would really like to switch him seats and give him a more comfortable ride home. Another guy in first class did it for the other soldier too. I thought that was so cool! The soldier was so modest about it, and the guy who gave up his seat sounded so grateful. Anyways, it was a cool story! Stay tuned (or not!) to see what me and Clara are up to!

4 comments:

Jordan said...

I guess I'll stay tuned...
What a cool story. It reminds me of when our friend Dee was walking through an airport and saw a soldier in uniform and went up to him and said, "Look, I'm going to hug you for what you do, so you better just be warned about it before I do so." It is good to see people being so grateful and going out of their way to say thank you.

Ali said...

No, I like play by plays too...I hope it all continues to go smoothly- despite the layover, I'm glad Clara did great! What a neat story about the soldiers too- I bet they were really touched.

Clarkson said...

Great story! So glad you made it back to Cali. I'm jealous though - Knox's are there too! Have fun with everyone. Clara cracks me up!

Mrs. Jaybird said...

What a great story!