Saturday, May 16, 2009

Flashback

Now that I am done with my first year of law school, I get to participate in the fun-fun experience of writing a long research article as a try-out for one of the school's five law journals.

As I have been writing my Statements of Interest for each of the journals, I have talked about my time as a writer and editor (which has got to help me somehow in my application to be a writer/editor, right?) While figuring out what to say, I was reminded of a funny piece I wrote for The Daily Universe at BYU. It is about camping out for the annual BYU Lost and Found sale, in which they fill up the ballroom in the student center with all of the unclaimed items which have been lying around all year. There is a lot of cool stuff there, including electronics, clothes, athletic equipment, etc.

Here is the article. I hope you enjoy it.

Also, here is a piece of follow-up information: Crystal wore that jacket this week, so I guess it was a successful outing.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I vaguely remember this all...exept, her roommate lost it, and let her keep it?! How funny. Love the re-cap. :) We got your guys' package yesterday. You should have seen Jeff's face when he saw the GIRL skate. You know him too well! I am WAY exited for the book, too. Thank you SO much!!

Kathryn said...

I read this when you came to my school to be the creative writing club guest speaker (which, by the way, was like the coolest thing we did in that club all year). I think it is such a clever format, and I love the little "nuggets" you include to keep the reader interested. I hope you find opportunities to continue writing humorously (the world would be sadly lacking if you stopped!).