Saturday, November 6, 2010

Growing Kiddos

WARNING: LONG POST WITH LOTS OF PICTURES
(if I were you, I would skip the text and just look at the pictures!)
I am a slacker when it comes to blogging. I know this. I am mostly ok with this. The only times it bothers me is when I see how much my kids have grown since the last time I posted pictures of them. That usually means it has been a while since I have actually gotten out the camera and taken their picture. I wish I were one of those people who captured all the fun little things on camera, but that is a goal I am still working on. So in the meantime, here are some pictures over the last couple months that show a little bit of what we have been doing, but mostly just some growing kiddos.

Back In August, after Lucas' baby blessing, we attempted to take some family pictures. Nothing fancy, just us and our handy camera after church trying to capture a good image. Not so easy, but hey, that's life!

In the past few months, I feel like Clara has been changing from toddler to little girl. Maybe its just because she is so darn big for her age, but she just seems so grown up! The transformation begins...
Back in August we went to a hot air balloon show called Balloons and Tunes. Here are some pictures of the event. Clara got her first experience with a bounce house. I think it was a success!

We enjoyed a giant cream puff from Schmidt's. I love those things!
Jordan and Clara watching the balloons
I tried to get a good shot of Lucas, but he was sitting in my lap. Oh well, at least you can see how much he has grown!

Lucas kind of lost it at dusk. We wanted to stay and watch all the balloons light up at night, but two tired kids vetoed that idea with their resounding screams.

And a picture of the parents who made this lovely outing possible!As we were walking out we were able to see the balloons lighting up. It was really fun to see.

On Labor Day, Jordan and I ran a 5k, toting the kids along in the jogging stroller. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the only picture I had of all of us at the race, so instead, here is a picture of Clara eating one of the cookies that was in our participation packet.

And another one of her wearing one of our race numbers. That is all the proof you get.
The kids chillin' with their favorite parent. Yes, we all know its true.
So stinkin' cute! (Though this picture would be a lot cuter right now if this little boy weren't sitting on my lap right now screaming as loud as he can)

This picture is so coming out when Clara goes on her first date.And he is growing...

And growing...And growing! He ate his first semi solid food a few weeks ago. He wasn't a fan. Fast forward to today, and you can't shovel it in his mouth fast enough!
Look at that chub!
I took these last two pictures today. I am in LOVE with this little outfit, but Lucas seems to have mixed feelings about it since every time he wears it, his bodily functions get the best of it.

Done and done! I am now caught up! We will see how long it lasts...

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elisabeth said...

I am SOOOOOOO glad that you did this update! Your family is so wonderful! I'm so happy that I get to see it!

Ali said...

In that pic of you and Jordan with the balloons in the background, I was confused at first cause it looks like Jordan is wearing Mickey ears:)

What I really want to say though is --can I please have your chubby baby?!! I love the chubs. I just want to snuggle him.