Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The AJ Classic

Bright and early Saturday morning, the group of people running the AJ Classic met at Vivian Park in Provo Canyon and started the run. A total of 14 people ran all or part of the race, totaling more than 100 miles total.

One hundred miles run to celebrate the 100-Mile Challenge! It was so appropriate.

The runners were all friends and family of Ali and myself, and everyone had a great time. Crystal set up aid stations at two places along the route, providing ice-cold water and delicious orange slices to all the runners (and to several other people who just happened to be running by at the same time!) Everyone finished the run in less than 2 hours (I am sure of this because I was at the end and I did it in 1 hour 54 minutes). It was a wonderful way to celebrate being back in shape, which is the whole reason behind the 100-Mile Challenge.

Here are a some of the pictures of the runners, the course, the start, the finish and the orange slices. Thanks again, Crystal.


After the race, Jeff and I watched "The Godfather," which he had taped off of TV and then Ali made me the dinner which I won for winning the 100-Mile Challenge. We had delicious lasagna, salad, breadsticks and then Strawberry Shortcake to finish it all off. So worth running 100 miles.

Ali and Jeff also gave me an awesome trophy for my birthday/winning the challenge.
Thanks, guys.

2 comments:

MegANDustin said...

Crystal! This is so crazy because last night I was thinking, I should look Crystal Sorenson up on Facebook or something. No joke! It looks like the stars have aligned :) Congratulations on the pregnancy... I'll look forward to seeing pictures!

PML said...

Great job on the race! One day when I grow up I will run a 10K. For now I'll just try to not die while doing the 5. I love the little baby count-down ticker in the sidebar. 25 days to go!! yahoo! Any names decided yet?