Sunday, December 26, 2010

Cakes 2 and 3

I have completed my birthday present to myself by making all three cakes! I had to wait, of course, for occasions were there would be more than just our small family so we wouldn't eat the entire cake! I just wanted to try the cakes, not eat the whole thing! The first cake, I made for my birthday and we invited people over to come and eat it. The second cake, I took to a Christmas party at church. I made sure I got one slice! And the third cake, I made while visiting my sister and her family.
Here is Cake #2. It is the chocolate cake with a peanut butter frosting and a chocolate peanut butter ganache. My goodness is it good! Super rich, so only make it when you have a crowd to share it with and make sure you have a nice, cold glass of milk to drink right along side it. It was so good! I am in love with all things ganache!
Here is cake #3. This one is a brownie mosaic cheesecake with a chocolate cookie crumb crust and a chocolate ganache. Again with the ganache. I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!(Can anyone name the movie?) This cake is a triple threat with brownies, cheesecake and a ganache. Does it get any better than that?All three cakes will be made again. In fact, I have already remade cake #1 for Christmas dinner! I added some crushed candy canes to give it a holiday flair and it was still just as tasty as can be! If any of you are up for the challenge, I strongly recommend all three of these delicious confections! Happy Baking!

No comments: