Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Goodness


We are safely in Utah for the holidays, and enjoying time with family, eating lots (too much, I'm sure) and visiting. It has been a blast to play with siblings, nieces and nephews, etc. and to drive around and feel at home here. It is weird that it feels so familiar and so foreign at the same time.

Anyway, while I was at the store with my mom picking up a cake for my brother Tanner's birthday (he wanted one with Disney's Aladdin on it -- pretty funny considering he's 14 now) and my eye caught a tantalizing new Christmas treat ... Sugar Cookie Eggnog!

I rushed home and had a (small) glass. Small is important, because it is 180 calories per half-cup, yowza! It is delicious; it tastes like liquid sugar cookie, not really like eggnog at all. I had another little drink later in the evening, and my dad was having some orange juice in the kitchen at the same time. I told him to try the eggnog, so he swallowed some orange juice and took a drink.
He swallowed and then set down the cup and didn't say anything for a second. I was worried the orange juice's residual taste had made the eggnog less-than-yummy, but instead, after the brief pause, Daddy smiled really big and said, "That is fabulous. Let me have another drink!"

I think we'll be getting some more of this stuff, it is magically delicious!

3 comments:

Mary Muhlestein ♥ said...

that stuff looks really good and your daughter is cuter to

PML said...

Hmm, sounds interesting. I think I could go for that if it doesn't taste like the normal eggnog.

Megan said...

Congrats on number two!!! Clara is getting so big! She is beautiful!